Tuesday 25 January 2011

Oh cripes... and blackberries.

We open tomorrow night. There is much excitement and nervous energy floating around camp at the moment. I think it's mainly positive, thank the lord.

I have to say that I am dead pleased with my blackberries. I should explain what I mean by this. Towards the end of the play, Agnes (played by the beautiful Mairead) enters with two cans of blackberries. Obviously, we can't tour massive crates of real blackberries partly because of the cost but mainly because it is impractical and could get a little bit... sticky. Cue Poundworld; to those of you not familiar with this fantastic shop, I urge you to go. The clue is in the title, my friends. And it was in this shop that I purchased two packets of assorted chewy sweets which have been cunningly fashined by the poundworld elves to look like, well, blackberries. Hours later and with the help of a lot of superglue and black spray paint we had the finished product- two pales full of freshly picked blackberries. Or if you take a closer look- poundworld's own brand jelly berry sweets, £1 a packet. Ah, the joys of prop making; it is immensly satisfying.

Of course when you come and see the show remember to forget everything I just mentioned above. What you will see in the two pales are real blackberries. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment