Wednesday 2 February 2011

His Majesty's




I think it is colder down south than it is up here. I found myself kicking up a bit of a sweat as I stepped out into Aberdeen today to buy my lunch. It really feels strange.

Aberdeen is a lovely place. It has the feel of a large country town and in typical Scottish fashion is incredibly open and spacious in its layout. His Majesty's Theatre is massive and the real deal. Zac tells me it is designed by the same chap who did all those ones in London... you know, the west end, like. Frank Matcham is his name. The auditorium goes incredibly high up

(This is a picture of Paul-not of me-in Aberdeen)


and this, of course, affects those on stage. Vocally, the actors must alter the way in which they deliver their lines if they are to be heard.

All is good in the company and everyone seems happy with how the first move of the tour has gone. And what a move it was. Meg and myself got the train from London to Nottingham early on Monday morning. Then, once in Nottingham, we met Zac who we then hitched a ride with up to Aberdeen. The journey was filled with a disgusting amount of unhealthy food and energy drinks. We arrived in Aberdeen around 8.30pm and met up with the others for a lovely drink and a catch-up. Next morning Zac, Meg and myself started on the first get in proper of the tour. Again, we were happy with how it went apart from a few teething problems. Get ins are always better than get outs- most of the time we have a day to get in where as a get out will almost always be done after a show and late at night.

As I write this I can hear the girls onstage grilling Agnes as to where the hell Rose has got to. Maggie is suggesting that she is with Danny Bradley. Either way it sounds cracking.

This is the lovely front of the Theatre in Aberdeen taken by Alastair on one of his runs- if you look closely you can even see our posters outside.

1 comment: