Saturday 19 February 2011

That night in Swansea and other activities.

I promised I would let you in on our night out in Swansea. It had been talked about for a while. Siobhan was particularly keen to wack her worn down dancing shoes on and get to the cheesiest club in town. And that's just what we did. We ended up in an 80's bar sipping vodka out of vases. No joke. Meg suddenly appeared with what can only be described as a fairly large vase, a kind of champagne glass for a giant if you will. It was rather beastly but at the time it seemed like the best idea ever. Tune after tune came at us and I'm pretty sure we didn't stop dancing until we were literally grabbed by the bouncers and thrown out at around 3.00. Chris and Siobhan had swapped clothes which got us some much craved attention, Alastair did some more pole dancing and Daragh showed us some of his break dancing moves; I may have dreamed that last bit...

Next morning and everyone was feeling a little fragile. I think Chris seemed the worst off but was just about able to give us all some notes before getting himslef onto a train back to London- it was great having him with us. As I said, the rest of Swansea was great too and we had some lovely audiences who really gave us a different kind of show which I know was much appreciated by actors and all involved. Peterborough was different. As you can see below, I spent most of my time freezing my whatevers off or bieng bullied by Bronagh. She never knows when to call it a day and sooner or later I am going to just flip. She needs to realise that she can't just get blackberry stains all over her costume and then expect me to just wash it all off. It's not as if that's part of my job or anything!

Our cottage was lovely and we spent a very enjoyable last night after our quickest get out to date (yay) finishing off Summer Heights High (highly reccomended) and then playing Murder in the Dark (not so reccomended). Paul proved himself a formidable murderer creeping around like a panther in the dark whilst Alastair squeeked and squiggled like a cuckoo. Mairead was wise to not get involved as things got rather sweaty and strange towards the end. And that is just about all I have to say this time round. Oldham is up next where audiences seem to be big. Bring it on! x x

P.S. As Meg keeps pointing out, I do tend to make a few spelling mistakes. So if anyone spots any from now on then please let me know by adding a comment below. Thank you. I got an English A Level and all that but it's amazing how much you forget on leaving school.

No comments:

Post a Comment