Wednesday 9 March 2011

Sea, chips and DRAMA.

(Last week you were treated to a picture of Bronagh and I in our pants, this weeks pose comes from the cliff tops outside Eastbourne starring...BRONAGH.)

We're by the sea in Eastbourne. The beach is being dug up by diggers and that. We can hear seagulls during the show- it's amazing.

I've been told that those who read this blog (all 5 of you) prefer it when I write about mistakes that have been made or problems that we have encountered during the shows. I don't really know whether that's a good thing... it suggests that your enjoyment comes from our misery.

Anyway, during the matinee we encountered one of these little problems. I had been placed in charge of 'giving clearance' before the show begins. This involves making sure all the actors are in the right place and ready to go on stage. Having done this, I then have to give the thumbs up to Meg who presses some buttons, barks some orders and begins the show. I gave this clearance without fully understanding what it entailed (to be fair, it hadn't been fully explained to me but perhaps I'm biased). Anyway, Siobhan was not present stage left and just as I noticed her absence, the music had started the lights had gone down and all hell broke loose. THE SHOW HAD BEGUN. I ran to the dressing rooms screaming for Siobhan as if my life depended on it. I heard a door slam, a muffled squeel and rapid steps coming in my direction. Then she appeared, pale as a ghost and, understandably, aghast. 'I didn't hear anything...' she breahtlessly cooed. Before I had time to respond however, she had run on, breathless and terrified. All was well again. But it wasn't ideal. It seemed like it lasted a lifetime but in fact it only went on for 15 seconds.

Now the smoke machine seems to be making a lot of noise. Alastair is fussing and fretting about it. I'm not sure whether fussing and fretting will solve the problem. It certainly didn't earlier. Keeping calm and carrying on was essential.

Other than that not much has happened. Or if it has, you won't be interested- It's all good news and smooth runs. All you want is the DRAMMAAA. Rest assured something exciting will happen again soon. And when it does, you'll be the first to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment